This depends on size and volume of your shipment. Generally, if you have more than 15 cubic meters (or 530 cubic feet), it is more cost efficient to use your own 20-foot container (FCL) for your own exclusive use with no sharing. For smaller shipments, it is more cost effective to share a container (LCL). There are other advantages and disadvantages for FCL vs. LCL that are shipment-specific.

The following link shows all of the containers and their dimmension. We can provide you with any of these containers that best suite your needs. Most typically we provide 20’ 40’ and 40’high cube.

Call us at (562) 895-4624 or email us by filling out the quote request. We can price your shipment for free.

Your cost depends on the size and volume of your goods as well as the specific menu of services that you need.

No two shipments are alike and price of ground and ocean transportation greatly varies. Each shipment is uniquely priced and we have to understand your particular circumstances to quote an accurate price.

Some shipping companies quote teaser rates to get the customer committed and after a few weeks into the shipping process, the costs suddenly increase or key services are not performed and dismissed as customer’s responsibility.

We are fully transparent in the shipping and pricing process

After understanding your specific needs, we tell you everything that you will encounter and our service does not expose the customer to any unknown price risks.

See Customs section below.

We ship to all ports across the globe. There are no limits as we even ship to small ports to give our customers more flexibility.

For example, in the Adriatic Sea we typically have service to Kopar in Slovenia; Rijeka, Split, and Ploce in Croatia; and Bar in Montenegro.

From Los Angeles, CA to a major port in Europe (e.g. Rotterdam, Hamburg or similar) will travel 20 – 30 days.

From Los Angeles, CA to a smaller port in Europe (e.g. Bar, Split, Kopar or similar) will travel 45 – 50 days.

Maximum 5 days. Typically the container is delivered to you on Friday and picked up either on Monday, Tuesday, but no later than Wednesday – depending on when you are finished with loading.

You can call or email us while your shipment is in transit and we can provide with the approximate location of the vessel as well as an estimate of arrival. We do not maintain automated tracking such as UPS or FedEx. Or we can provide you with the steamship line name and container number and you can track it on their website.

All non-forbiden cargo such as general commercial cargo, household goods, furniture, cars, boats, etc …

Small businesses and individuals with two or more residences in two different countries that are not easily accessible by ground transportation alone.

The following link can show you the precise dimensions and internal space of various types of containers.

Oversized cargo

Yes. Large items are either fastened onto a a platform called flat rack container or we can ship it by ro-lo vessel or a bulk carrier.

A flat rack is a type of container without walls or a ceiling. Flat racks are 20-Ft and 40-ft.

Loading containers

You or we can load the container.

Yes if you bring your goods to our warehouse. If you wish to have someone load your container at your address, you can hire a local company which specializes in properly loading containers. We can provide you with recommendations.

Maximum 5 days. Typically the container is delivered to you on Friday and picked up either on Monday, Tuesday, but no later than Wednesday – depending on when you are finished with loading.

Yes only if your goods are packaged and ready for shipment. We do not package. Vehicles do not need to be packaged.

Typically your container remains on a chassis above ground because you are borrowing container from the shipping company. A borrowed container can be placed on ground level, but that requires special machines and additional costs. We do not recommend placing borrowed container on ground. However, if you purchase container (i.e. take title to container), that container would be placed on ground level upon delivery following the purchase of container. 

You must hire a towing truck with a platform. The towing truck will pull your car onto its platform, place the platform at the same level as the container entrance and then you simply drive your car into the container.

No, if you are loading furniture, house wares, personal stuff, etc…

Yes, if you are also shipping a car or motorcycle in the same container. By law vehicles MUST be loaded last such that they are first and most accessible when the container doors are opened.

Yes. See Cars, Boats, Motorcycles section below

The level of security is similar to your checked luggage at the airport.

This is necessary in the unlikely case that US Customs wishes to inspect you container which would necessitate being able to move your goods around.

Cars, boats, motocycles, etc ...

Yes. In fact we also routinely ship construction equipment such as front loaders and scrapers.

Yes. No size limit.

Used vehicle: you need to provide an original certificate of title (Pink Slip) if the shipper’s name is the same as on the title. If you just purchased a used vehicle and still do not possess title in your name, then you need to provide an original certificate of title endorsed in your name (along with the new owner’s information on the back of the endorsement) and an original bill of sale (purchase receipt).

New vehicle: you need to provide an original Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin (MCO) with your name on it and an original bill of sale (purchase receipt).

Yes. You have to construct a sturdy wooden partition between the car and the other goods. This partition prevents movement and vehicle damage during manipulation in the ports as well as during transit.

Yes. The vehicle must be very well fastened. Standard 2”x4”’ are cut to slightly more than tire-width and are nailed down to the container’s wooden floor such that they prevent the vehicle’s forward and backward motion. This must be done on all tires. Also, each axel corresponding to each wheel must be tied with chains, ropes or sturdy cables and fastened to the hooks located on the container walls. It is very important that the axels are properly and firmly tied and that the tying system does not break in transit to ensure that the vehicle does not sustain any damage.

Minimal amount of gas should be left in the gas tank. Never ship a vehicle with a full tank of gas.

Besides a near-empty gas tank and sturdy fastening of the vehicle (see above), you must also perform the following:

1. Disconnect the car battery
2. Unlock all doors
3. Leave car keys in the glove box.
This is necessary in the unlikely case that US Customs wishes to inspect you container which would necessitate being able to move your goods around.

Yes, but too much weight can damage the vehicle’s tires due to prolonged stationary friction. In the case of the boat, the trailer tires may similarly suffer.

Yes. For example in Croatia you may drive as long as the vehicle has a current US license and car insurance from a local carrier.

Yes. For example in Croatia you are allowed to operate your boat as long as your boat is registered in the US and as long as you have given notice to your local port authority.

Typically yes. Laws vary by country. For example in Croatia US license plates can technically be driven for 6 months; the law requires that after 6 months you are supposed to take the car out of the country and re-enter Croatia to remain under the 6-month limit. You can obtain more details on various countries through the corresponding consulate office in the US.

No. US insurance is valid only on US soil. For example in Croatia you must purchase car insurance from a local carrier in order to legally operate the vehicle. Insurance does not have to be purchased for an entire year unless you plan to operate the vehicle for an entire year. Instead insurance can be purchased only to cover the length of your stay.

Yes. For example to do this in Croatia, you must obtain a Duty Tax Exemption Permit from the Croatian consulate in the US. You should check in the consulate office of the country you are shipping to.

Yes. For example in Croatia there are no customs, but there is reduced tax (VAT) of 10 – 15% based on the value of the vehicle. See more information on customs and taxes below. You should check in the consulate office of the country you are shipping to.

No. For example in Croatia the law only requires that you have owned the vehicle for at least 6 months.

You can import car, motorcycle, boat, furniture, household goods, personal things and similar. Essentially you can import whatever you own and use in the US to live daily life.

Yes, family members with US citizenship and a valid US driver’s license. Croatian citizens with Croatian drivers’ licenses are forbidden from driving a vehicle with US license plates.

Yes. If you are shipping from the US west coast, you can use our consolidation (LCL) which originates in our warehouse in Carson, CA and travels to our warehouse in Split, Croatia (Dugopolje). This final destination is central and a key connection hub for all destinations in Central and East Europe.

1. You simply call us and reserve a space on the container for the goods that you wish to ship.
2. You bring your goods to our warehouse in Carson, CA.
3. When the container arrives in Split, it is unloaded in our warehouse in nearby Dugopolje.
4. You can pick up your vehicle or boat in our warehouse (your arrange further transportation) OR we can deliver it to your address. We do not deliver to the islands.


Warehousing is typically only required when you are using our consolidation (LCL) service.

Typically nothing. There is not a cost associated when your shipment is waiting for loading when using our consolidation service. However if you fail to pick up your goods at the destination warehouse or fail to arrange for transportation to your address after 7 days after receiving a notice of shipment’s arrival, you will begin to incur daily warehousing charges.


Customs are a government authority in a country responsible for collecting and safeguarding customs duties and for controlling the flow of goods including animals, personal effects and hazardous items in and out of a country.

Yes. We can assist and provide you with all of the required customs forms and be along your side when dealing with customs officers.

Yes. All shipments that cross country boarders are subject to customs.

You can hire a local customs broker or C.O.Logistic. Unless you are experienced with shipping, you should not attempt to deal with customs directly by yourself.

Usually, the shipper of the goods pays for customs, but the consignee (receiver at destination) can pay as well.

Customs and taxes vary by country. For example, the customs duty rate is based on the type of good. Taxes (VAT) are 23%. That is why we advise hiring a customs broker to assist you in minimizing your customs duties and taxes (VAT). In Croatia…

It depends. See Cars, Boats, Motorcycles, etc… section above.

Yes. The recepient is subject to customs and taxes (VAT).


Yes. C.O.Logistic can sell you insurance for your shipment while in transit. Our insurance is of type AAR: against all risks.

The cost of insurance against all risks is 2% of your shipment’s reported value.

Only if the goods are declared on the insurance policy for the purpose of determining your shipment’s total value.

Rarely, but they do happen. Even without an accident, your goods can be damanged inside of the container depending on how well the goods are secured and how the container is handled in port. Most of our customers purchase insurance from us.

Receiving your goods

We will notify you several days prior to your shipment arriving

Your goods will be in our bonded warehouse or in the port. You can either pick up your goods at these locations or arrange with us to have your goods or your entire container delivered to your address.

After you pay for any customs or taxes (VAT), you are able to immediately take possession of your goods during normal business hours.

Yes. You can arrange this with us up front, while your shipment is in transit or upon arrival in destination port or warehouse. This may change your final price of shipping.

If your shippment was sent with a Duty Tax Exemption Permit , only the owner is able to take possession and is required to be present to pass customs.

If the goods are not shipped using a Duty Tax Exemption Permit, then any member of the owner’s family can pick up the goods, provided that they are US citizens, have a valid US driver’s license and have the sender’s power of attorney.

C.O.Logistic prepares and sends to you all of the required documents in time for you to take possession of your goods. Document preparation is part of our service and is included in our price.

LCL: less than a full container –  Consolidations can remain in our bonded warehouse for 7 days free of charge. After that warehousing costs will be incurred.

FCL: your entire container – as soon as the container arrives at the port, it typically has 3-5 days to pass customs. The 3-5 days are free, but the actual length of time depends on the maritime shipping company. If the container is not claimed within the 3-5 day period, the shipping company will assess demurrage charges of $200 – $400 per day.

Please Feel Free to Call Us

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque consequat mattis nisi ac tincidunt consectetur adipiscing elit.

Scroll to top